It's been a busy, busy day today! I can't believe all that I ended up doing today. Since having Hope, I'm just not used to running everywhere.
Jacob has strep. Because I saw him wince when swallowing, I dragged him and Hope to the doctor. I am leaving Sunday and wanted to be sure that he wouldn't miss any doses of medication, so I opted to have the doctor give him a penicillin shot to cure the strep. Normally Jacob is brave and doesn't balk about getting a shot, but not today! He decided to stand outside the room, so the nurse hesitated about coming in since he saw the needle. Oops! Two nurses finally came in and Jake had a total conniption. It took both nurses to get him on the table for the shot. One nurse held his hands behind his head while I held down his legs. The second nurse administered the shot. Man oh man did he scream! I thought only Heather had tempertantrums in the doctor's office about shots! Jacob sure out did her today! He talked about killing me and himself and shooting me twice. I told him he could hate me, but that the shot would get him to feel better, and that we DO NOT talk about killing ourselves or others.
Hope's exam was a piece of cake compared to Jacob's. I had the doctor look at her ears to make sure she didn't have an ear infection before flying. The airplane is probably NOT the place you want to find out that your baby has an infection. Another good thing I found out was that I CAN take Dramamine or Bonine while nursing! Yeah!
Later I had to go pick up Samuel from the school. The elementary has a large circular drive where people line up in their cars to pick up their children. Some will show up nearly an HOUR before school lets out. I don't get that at all. I have to come early since they let Samuel out about 30 minutes before the others get out. So, I pass all the cars in line and park in the teachers' lot and go get Sam. Not today though. Today a police car was blocking the left side of the entrance so I couldn't go past the line of cars to the parking lot. Instead, I had to go to another lot and hurry over to the other side of the school to get Sam. Definitely doable, but frustrating to change my routine.
I took Sam home then waited for Matthew since he rode his bike. Not a bad deal since I didn't have to hang around the school for 30 minutes waiting for him to come out. As soon as he got home, I loaded the kids up and took Heather to the chiropractor since she's been complaining about her back.
We got pizza on the way home, and about the time we finished eating, Joe and I had to leave again. Joe went to a parent meeting at the elementary, and I headed to the middle school. We had various issues we wanted to bring up at the schools. I gave Joe a list about the police car blocking the school's driveway, preschool dismissal practices, and Jacob's substitute teacher allegedly calling him a "cow head" (I think she meant "coward") the other day. Of course Jacob could have misunderstood. I sure hope he did and his sub isn't calling kids names. It will be nice when his regular teacher makes it to school. She had an embolism and was in the hospital for a while. She should be back to work by the first of October though. But I digress...
Joe tackled those issues while I went to the middle school thinking there were issues because they didn't put him in a co-teaching situation like was in his IEP. Only one class has a co-teacher, and it happens to be the class he generally does well in - social studies. When I went tonight and met his teachers, I realized that he has a study hall of sorts and the co-teacher in social studies isn't really a teacher but a guidance counselor. He has some unique teachers, but I think that all of them will really help him. They all love to teach and are trying to teach the kids to get organized and ready for high school. If only I could get my house organized...
After that, it was off to Wal-Mart since I missed Joe getting set apart for his new stake calling (computer specialist or something like that). While Joe was getting a speeding ticket, I was at Wal-Mart picking up a few more school supplies and lunch fixings for the kids. Then it was back home to put kids to bed. Now I'm off to bed as well because I have a feeling that tomorrow will be busy for me too since I really do need to get all the mounds of laundry done before I can pack for my trip to Utah. A BREAK! I really need one and can't wait to show Hope off to her grandparents.
No comments:
Post a Comment