Behling Family 2014

Behling Family 2014

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

You wouldn't think that Easter would be a "taxing" day, would you? It should be a day to attend church and reflect on the gifts that God has given us. Well, I did do that today, but that was after Bug fell in the parking lot at church and cracked her head open.

We were getting out of the car at church when I looked over and found Bug lying on her back in the parking lot with a stunned look on her face. I ran over to figure out what happened and how she fell when I saw the blood. I first saw it on her arm and hand then realized it was coming from her head. I'd seen Joe coming around the church so hollered for him to come, but he'd gone inside and didn't hear me. I had to send Bear inside instead while I tried to convince Bug to let me look at her head. I grabbed baby wipes to clean up the blood while trying to figure out where the cut was and how bad it was. She kept saying,"Leave me alone, Mom. It's just a scratch." Of course I told her that it was my job as her mom to worry and look at her head, but then Joe got out there and was able to have her take her ponytail out and he could tell she needed stitches. Seven of them in fact.

Bug had had my keys so she could go into the church and get the books I needed for the choir, but after she fell, I couldn't find them anywhere in the parking lot. Bear told me Buddy had them in the church where he'd gone in with Bear and Seuss. Luckily there were people tending to Seuss since I was overwhelmed with the thought that my daughter had fallen and cracked her head open. So I go in, tell the bishopric that there's a minor change in the program since Bug would no longer be able to play her viola for the Easter service. I guess that's what affected her the most. Joe said she cried on the way to the hospital because she wasn't able to perform.

Actually, Joe first took her to an urgent care facility, but they sent her on to the emergency room saying they'd need to do blood work and run a CT scan. He took her to the hospital, but all they did was stitch her up. No blood work, no CT scan. In some ways that concerns me since I don't know why she fell in the first place. She hadn't eaten, so I suspect a drop in blood sugar. When she got home she told me they'd stuck her with needles and told her what would happen when she goes to the podiatrist tomorrow for an ingrown toenail that was recently infected. She's now worried about the FOUR needles that will prick her in the toe tomorrow afternoon. I told her maybe she'd get over her fear of needles. She says she won't.

So much for a relaxing Easter, huh?

No comments: