Well, the job that Joe was offered last week and he accepted on Tuesday is no more. TEKsystems wanted him to fly out for two days so they could say he started before the August 2nd start date that he'd requested. Three weeks was too long apparently. Joe probably would have tried harder to go out to Sierra Vista, but they wanted him to pay for the flight, hotel, and car rental initially, then they would reimburse him. If we weren't needing that money to move him to Sierra Vista, AZ and get him set up in an apartment, it probably wouldn't be an issue. So, he emailed the recruiter and let him know that the 22nd and 23rd weren't possible. The response was that he would no longer be offered the position. Like they're going to get anybody to "fill the seat" (as Joe says) BEFORE August 2nd now.
So, we aren't moving after all. The plan had been for Joe to go to Sierra Vista for the six month contract. The kids and I were going to go to Utah so the house here in Memphis would be vacant and more easily sold. Now we continue looking for different positions out west.
I'm kind of bummed about the whole thing. I was so sure that it felt right. I hadn't felt good about taking the kids to Arizona by the beginning of August, but did about going to Utah in time for school. My impression was that Joe should take the job. Joe had mixed impressions because he wanted to move west and the job was appealing (once he talked to L-3). When he finally accepted the job he said he felt peace that it was the right decision. Now I think his initial impression to turn down the job was the right one and that he accepted it because I wanted him to. Although I had thought that Joe was letting his mortal concerns about supporting the family override what the spirit was telling him, I now believe that I was letting my desire to move out of Memphis overshadow what the spirit was telling ME.
One good thing came out of the whole thing, though. Heather actually cleaned her room!
No comments:
Post a Comment