.jpg)
Heather is out on her first "real" date with her boyfriend tonight. It's to the "Mormon Prom." They've been seeing eachother since January, but since neither of them drive, all their "dates" have been with parents tagging along. She goes to his house on Monday nights to watch "24" and he comes over on Sunday nights to participate in our FHE and play Uno. It's a good way (for the parents) to see the kids date. Plus, we've really gotten to know Conner better over the past few months.
Heather looked stunning tonight in a silver dress and bolo jacket. She was so nervous! I've never had her ask me if she looked alright. She may have asked if a shirt was too low or a skirt too short, but never if the whole ensemble (hair, makeup, outfit) looked okay. I smoothed back a hair that was escaping a bobby pin and went to get my camera. She didn't wait for me, but instead came out so Conner, at the bottom of the stairs, could see her. All I heard was "WOW!" But that told me (and her) enough. Conner obviously thought she looked as beautiful as I thought she did.
I had to go get groceries after they left, and as I drove by Conner's house (just down the street), I saw his mom outside. Cathy and her husband, Gary, run a catering company, so had fixed Heather and Conner a dinner at their house. She had brought Conner over and took pictures before the date started. I had asked her if they'd decided to go elsewhere for dinner since I'd gotten a phone call from Heather who was excited because Conner had rented a stretch limo. Cathy said both of them were too nervous to eat much and Conner kept saying he couldn't look at Heather because of the butterflies in his stomache. So Cathy set their dinner aside for after the dance.
The dance goes until 10:30 tonight, so hopefully they won't be out too late. I think the limo was just for the ride there, and Conner's parents will be picking them up from the church.
I love that the stakes out here have developed this prom for kids in the church. Tonight's dance coincides with two high school proms, but this one provides a much safer and more moral atmosphere for the kids to attend. I'm excited for her and hope she has fun.
2 comments:
She looks lovely! She's also cute in jeans and a sweatshirt!
That is so cool. I LOVE the Mormon Prom idea. How great to have an appropriate place to "prom" :) Heather does look beautiful, indeed.
Post a Comment