Yeah! I send kids back to school tomorrow! Only one will be left at home. Bug (9th), Bear (6th) and Dude (2nd) head back tomorrow. Buddy starts kindergarten on Wednesday. The first week the kindergarteners only go one day to investigate the school. The school calls it a "camp." Next week he'll go everyday and only Seuss will be left with me.
Seuss still doesn't speak. The process for getting therapy is a slow one. The insurance denied paying saying Seuss doesn't qualify for in-home therapy, but that's all we were offered. According to the Early Intervention program, there's no difference in cost, so the denial makes no sense. Since we have the denial, though, early intervention is pushing the therapy anyway since they are the payer of last resort. That means I won't have to pay a cent. The clinic that will do the speech therapy called last week while I was in Orlando to set up testing, but I keep getting voice mail so don't have it set up yet. I'll have more time to dedicate to it this week, since SCHOOL STARTS! Yeah!
Yes, I was in Orlando this past week at an IRS Tax Forum. I stayed with my Aunt Patti and enjoyed hanging out with her, Jay and Daniel. She showed me the lodge where she works and we took a boat over to Magic Kingdom at Disney World. My kids were envious when I said I'd been to Disney, until they realized I didn't go IN Disney.
I spent most of my time there in class, though. Actually I learned quite a bit and got caught up on some of the new changes that have happened and what is proposed in bills that are in the House or Senate currently. The classes that are put on at these things are pretty good as long as somebody besides the IRS is teaching. The IRS speakers are BORING! At least the others have some experience in their own tax firms and can give some humorous stories about different tax situations. The IRS really needs their people to take some public speaking classes or something. One of their presenters practically read his speech, which isn't much fun to listen to for 50 minutes.
Well, I'm sure people don't want to hear about tax seminars. Nobody likes to think about taxes until they have to file even though most should do some tax planning during the year...
Actually, I'm working on a client's tax planning now. He's going through a divorce. I've never had to work so closely with a divorce in process before. I've helped people after the fact, but not from start to finish. This poor man is devastated. After speaking with him last night I went and gave Joe a hug telling him never to do that to me. He in turn said he never wants me to "Fire" him either.
It's nice to know that we both have a strong sense of what marriage means and that we had such wonderful examples of what marriage should be in our parents. My parents just celebrated their 41st anniversary and Joe's, their 58th. How cool is that?! Joe and I are coming up on our 16th this September. We still have a long way to go to catch up to our parents and following their example. Hopefully our children will eventually follow the example of their grandparents as well, just not for a while. Bug is only (almost) 15... I just can't believe that I actually have a high school student! Yikes! That means boys and dating... Well, next year anyway. She can't date until she's 16...or 96 if Joe has his way. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment