Yesterday I was asked by Buddy to walk home from school with him and Dude. So, I walked to the school, 1 1/2 miles, to get them. I was late since I had to get Seuss dressed and into the stroller since he really wanted to go. As I was leaving, a lady I know from church brought by Bear and Dude's scout uniforms that she had sewn patches on. (Sewing is not a talent of mine, and I didn't want to sew 12 patches on by hand.) That delayed me even more. I ended up getting to the school 10 minutes late for the preschool, but in plenty of time to pick up Dude.
I didn't let Buddy play on the playground figuring that if I did, he would be too tired to walk the 1 1/2 miles home. We'd only gone about 1/2 mile when he first said he was tired. I don't know that he really was, but I sure was tired of the whining about who was going to push the stroller. After that, I decided that it was probably my one and only time walking the kids home from school when I have Seuss with me...well, probably until next year anyway.
1 comment:
Just tell your kids how you had to walk FIVE miles to school every day in 3 feet of snow, uphill both ways. That will toughen them up. Actually, if you did the walk home often enough, your kids would quickly build up endurance and it would be such good exercise for them. Strike back at the national obesity epidemic by getting everyone and their kids to walk!
Post a Comment